Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is God really with me? Hebrews 13:5

Some Christians never seem to have any doubts about God's presence, help and leading. They just always believe that He is right there with them. But a lot of us struggle at times to sense God's presence. Hebrews 13:5 is written especially for us who sometimes wonder where God is.

"...for He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you, nor will I ever forsake you'."

The writer of Hebrews is quoting Moses when He addressed the people of Israel before they crossed into the promised land (see Deuteronomy 31:6). In that passage, Moses tells them that God will never unintentionally leave them or intentionally abandon them. Therefore, Moses says that they should be courageous as they enter the land and face their enemies.

The writer of Hebrews focuses more on financial and emotional issues. He tells the Hebrew Christians not to love money and to be content with what they have. Why? Because God is with them. What more do we need than His presence, leading and help? He promises that He will never unintentionally leave us or purposely abandon us! He will help meet our needs and take care of us.What a wonderful promise!

God is telling all of us that have a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ, "You can count on me! I am with you all the way." In every situation of life, God is there. "So that we can confidently say, The Lord is my Helper, I will not be afraid. What shall man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment